Our Secondary School resource is primarily recommended for KS4 as it includes an underlying knowledge of the GCSE curriculum , however it can adapted to both younger and older age groups.
We have two versions of the battery card game, one is suitable for small groups and/or home learning and the other is adapted for classroom use.
This resource will cover:
- The structure of a chemical cell
- Redox reactions occurring in chemical cells
- Aspects of the Life Cycle Assessment: mining and recycling of materials
- Jobs and opportunities linked to the battery sector, this is part of the Gatsby benchmark for good career guidance: https://www.gatsby.org.uk/education/focus-areas/good-career-guidance
- Information on a range of materials covered in the GCSE specification.
Curriculum subjects covered: Science (Chemistry and Physics), PSHE.
Instructions – Printing the Build a Battery card game
Each type of card has its own printing file. You can decide on the size of the cards. We would suggest A5 for a classroom version (2 pages per A4 sheet) or for small group version similar to playing card size (which is 6 pages per A4 sheet).
The job cards are used in the small group version only, all other cards are used in both versions.